Hot Leads – Taking Care of Your Privacy
We appreciate you visiting our website.
Our privacy commitment
We’re committed to making sure that when you supply us with your personal information, your privacy is respected and maintained at all times. We comply with the New Zealand Privacy Act 2020 and the information privacy principles that are set out in the Act.
This Privacy Statement explains in general terms the why’s, where’s and how’s of our information collection practices. And what we do with your personal information once we have it.
The major disclaimer – this is the important bit:
Still here? Great!
So, what is personal information?
Personal information is any information about you that identifies you, or by which your identity can reasonably be ascertained.
What information do we collect?
When you use our website and web services, we collect personal information about you. The information we collect will depend on how you’re interacting with us and should usually be clear to you at the time we collect it, e.g., if you subscribe to our regular email updates, we’ll ask for an email address.
Information we collect may include:
- Your contact details. For example, your name, business name, job title, email address, phone number and any other information supplied.
- Other identifying information. Like your IP address, browser type or operating system.
- Any personal information provided by you for access to additional information, downloadable digital assets, resources, or web services.
- Personal information collected when you register or subscribe to use our web services, to receive communications from us, or to allow us to contact you. The same goes if you reach out to us via our live chat mechanism, or if you send us an email.
You do not have to provide us with any personal information, however, if you do not do so, we may not be able to provide you with the services or benefits you have requested.
It’s cookie time!
Our website may also use “cookies” to track how you use the website. That helps us find out what’s important to our visitors.
And what’s a cookie? Well, a cookie is a delicious (but calorific) chocolate-coated biscuit best served with a cup of tea or coffee around 10am or 3pm. It’s also standard software that a web server can store on your computer information. It can be used to identify you should you visit our website again.
You can say ‘no’ to cookies. Most web browsers are set to automatically accept cookies, but you can usually modify your browser setting to decline cookies.
Do we sell off your personal information to the dark side?
Nope. We never sell personal information, and we only disclose it to complete a transaction at your request, for example, to data processing companies, banks, and payment gateways.
We definitely don’t share any personally identifiable or private customer information with third parties, unless it’s been specifically collected for that purpose. For example, delivery companies for sending out goodies (like thankyou cookies or Christmas cards), and direct marketing agencies acting under our instructions who want to share our exciting marketing campaigns with you. We make them all sign an appropriate agreement with us to guarantee that your information is safe and sound.
Note: The only time we will ever disclose your personal information without notice is if we are required to do so by law.
So, we’ve got your info, what do we use it for?
We collect, use, and disclose your personal information to enable us to allow you to interact with us and our website, to provide you with the services you have requested, and in accordance with our business purposes. In most cases, this is how we will probably use your information:
- Marketing: for the usual purposes of marketing our business and solutions. However, we will enable you to Opt-out of any direct marketing activities by providing an Unsubscribe option.
- Market research:We may use or distribute personal information for bona fide market research purposes (but will always ensure that all personal identifiers are removed beforehand).
- Contacting you: we may use your personal information to respond to any communications that you have directed at us, and to, where necessary, contact you about products or services we consider might be of interest to you.
- Perform a service or product you have requested: we may use your information to provide you with products you have requested or services which you have engaged us to perform.
- Any other lawful purpose: under the Privacy Act 2020, we may use and process your personal information where we have a lawful purpose to do so, for example for a lawful purpose connected with a function or an activity of ours.
- Other: for any other purpose that you authorise.
The important bit is that we will never sell, rent, or lease our customer lists or information to third parties.
Checking out your info
You can ask us what personal information we have about you. We’re happy to provide it if a. we in fact have it, and b. can readily access it. You can also ask us to correct personal information that’s inaccurate or out-of-date. You know the routine – just use the contact details on our Contact Us page.
And just in case (really covering our back here)
Our website may contain links to other websites. Please be aware that we aren’t responsible for the privacy practices of other websites. Visit them at your own risk (we’re all grownups here). Just bear in mind that we have no control over their rules as to how they collect and use of any information you provide them.
You’ve got email!
Emails are FYEO (for your eyes only). That means that any emails and attachments that we send are confidential. They’re intended only for the addressed recipient. If that’s not you, then you have no legal right to read, copy, print, disclose or use the contents in any way. We ask that you let us know immediately by return email, and pretty please – permanently delete the email and all attachments.
We accept no responsibility for any alterations or modifications made to emails or accompanying documents which have been forwarded after initial transmission. And opinions expressed in emails are not necessarily those of Hot Leads or its management.
Security of personal information
We store the personally identifiable information you provide on computer servers in a controlled, secure environment. This is protected from unauthorised access, use or disclosure. We’re good like that.
From time to time and for operational reasons the personal information we collect from you may be transferred to and stored in a country outside of New Zealand. Your information may also be processed by some of our service providers which operate outside New Zealand. When we appoint our service providers, we take care to ensure that we’ve put in place contractual protections, and that our service providers have appropriate security measures in place to enable them to comply with New Zealand’s privacy laws.
We will keep information about you on our systems for the period necessary to fulfil the purposes outlined in this Privacy Statement or as required by law (including for tax or regulatory purposes).
Changes to Hot Leads’ Privacy Statement
We may update or revise this Privacy Statement at any time.
Any changes we make will take effect immediately once they uploaded to the site. It’s your responsibility to check our Privacy Statement regularly for any modifications or updates. If you continue to use our website or web services after any changes have been posted on the website, we take it as an acceptance of those changes.
Any concerns? Reach out:
Hot Leads Phone: +64 9 623 3113 Toll Free: 0800 HOT LEADS / 0800 623 3113 Mobile: +64 21 797 919
You may also contact the New Zealand Privacy Commissioner. For more information, see https://www.privacy.org.nz/